All safety rules will be strictly enforced at Range 82. Unsafe or careless behavior will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to deny our ranges to anyone who, in our judgement, does not handle a weapon safely or fails to follow these safety rules.
Every new member is required to attend an introductory briefing before approved for range use.
- ALWAYS treat every weapon as if it were loaded.
- Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. Never point the muzzle or laser at anything you are not prepared to shoot.
- Never place your finger on the trigger unless you are on target, have made a conscious decision to fire, and know your backstop.
- All loading and unloading of the weapon system will only take place on the firing line at the direction of the Range Master and/or Instructor.
- Do not leave firing line unless permitted/instructed to do so.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn on the firing line at all times. Side shields or wrap-around eye protection must be worn when shooting targets.
- Do not bend over on the firing line unless instructed to do so.
- Obey all commands of the Range Master and/or Instructor(s).
- There will be no smoking within 10 yards of the loading area.
- Always wash your hands before eating, drinking, or smoking.
- Anyone who sees an unsafe act will call “cease fire”.
- All activity stops on the command of “cease fire”.
- There will be no tracking of, or shooting of, wildlife that may appear on or near range.
- All weapons will be fired into the sand backstop. If you can’t see sand, DO NOT discharge weapon.
- ALL weapons will be unloaded before leaving the firing line.
- Any individual taking medication, prescribed or over-the-counter, or that has consumed alcohol in less than 12 hours, will notify the Range Master.
- Any injury should be reported immediately to the Range Master.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Failure to follow any of the above safety rules will result in the individual being removed from the facility for a period of time determined by the management of Range 82, LLC.